Alike every object in the binary system, MS Outlook too has limitations regarding saving the Outlook-linked files. With time, the space allocated to save the Outlook data files gets saturated and there comes a need to delete few of them to create ample of space for the new ones. To delete the mails from Outlook platform, simply take charge to move to ‘Deleted Items Folder’ and ‘Junk Email Folder’. By doing so you will be definitely being relieved and some space could be created to save them.
The following steps clearly guide for automatic deletion of junk file and folders from Outlook mailbox.
- Open MS Outlook and follow Tools Menu -> Options -> Other Tabs.
- In ‘Other Tab’, check the box that reads “Empty the deleted items upon existing”. Click ‘OK’ to save the setting. To make it in effect, user may have to restart the MS Outlook application.
After making the required changes in Outlook settings, some warning messages may appear. Although the warning messages are quite helpful in eliminating the chances of incorrect file deletion but most often professionals find them as irritating. To stop such warning messages, user can apply these steps:
- Click ‘Tools’ tab -> Options -> Other Tab -> ‘Advanced Options’.
- Uncheck the box that reads ‘Warn before Permanently deleting items’.
- Click ‘OK’ to save all changes.
- Restart MS Outlook.
Resolution to delete mails from Deleted Items Folder ends here. The other way, which is equally important, is emptying of Junk Folder. To delete the items from junk folder, user has to follow these steps:
- From Menu bar of MS Outlook click ‘Tool’ button.
- Click on ‘Options’
- Hit ‘Preferences’ tab followed by ‘Junk Email’ tab in E-mail category.
- In ‘Junk Email’ option click ‘Options’ and make sure to check the box that reads, “Permanently Suspected Junk Email Option Instead of moving it to the Junk Email folder”.
Made Severe Loss? A Case of accidental Deletion
Sometimes out of frustration, user tends to accidently delete the mails or folders that are very important. In such case, no inbuilt utility has been designed to rescue the user and there user has to end up in more frustration of series of request from the client to ask a copy of email.
Such cases are easily managed by applying third-party tool like OST to PST tool. Prior making purchase of the licensed version of the tool, the evaluation version can be downloaded that works like licensed version with some limitations.