SD card issues are warranted with an aim to highlight the technical errors made during the gadget operation. Sometimes it happens manually and sometimes technical faults lead to such error. When SD card related error manifests, the user is unable to access the media files and folders. Even in such case, the sudden disappearance of those files and folders is not a big deal. In these cases, users think that it could be the case of unsupported file system where files from another OS don’t get accessible in another OS or it could also be the case of drive error. To resolve the issue, users pop out good some of money. However, it is advised to go for manual resolutions as they are quite effective in such situations.
Rescuing SD card from Hostile Conditions
The primary objective of the user in case of SD file error is to make SD card recognize in the device slot followed by rescue of the SD card content and make them secure. To make it happen, there are several manual solutions suggested by the experts.
- Pull out and reinsert SD card: This is the hardcore manual method where user is asked to pull out the SD card from the SD card slot and re-enter it. It is advised to perform this step number of times as there are chances that the device would recognize the SD card and may read it.
- Reboot the Device: If your device has an option to reboot, then it must be rebooted. The rebooting of device makes the SD card readable in most of the cases. Therefore, it must be tried at the first instance.
- Simply Repair SD Card: The affected SD card must be inserted into another device to ensure that it is not recognized by any device. Once it is made sure, the SD card must be attached to the computer to recognize the same.
- Open command prompt window and choose “Open as Administrator” option.
- Type “set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1” at the interface followed by giving input of “start devmgmt.msc” by pressing Enter key.
- “Device Manager” gets open. Click “View”.
- Select “Show Hidden Devices” -> “Disk Drive” -> “Universal Serial Bus Controller”.
- If any greyed entries are found, they must be deleted followed by restarting of the system. Now, there are much better chances of SD card to be detected.
Running Chkdsk: If the SD card still remains undetected by the computer, then chkdsk must be run. To run the chkdsk the following steps must be followed.
- Open command prompt window.
- Type chkdsk/x/f sd card letter.
- From My computer, verify if the SD card is read by the system.
- Checking Hidden files: Sometimes the SD card is carried in some specialty files. These speciality files can be deleted whenever needed. To do so, follow these steps:
- Connect SD card with the system using card reader and make sure that the card is read by the system.
- Run control folders to bring out file explorer options.
- Turn to the View tab.
- Check Show hidden files, folders and drives and Save the changes.
- Delete the specialty file, if needed.
These manual resolutions can probably resolve the SD-related issues. In some cases where these resolutions fail to perform, it is advised to take assistance from the one-stop solution like this Photo Recovery tool. The third-party tool has reputation to resolve the related queries without leaving any trail of doubts on the performance. So, without wasting much time on manual method of SD recovery, it is the best to take assistance from the reliable third-party tools.