Export Evolution Emails to MS Outlook
Novell Evolution is an email client developed for Linux based operating system. This freeware is developed by GNOME and it uses POP and IMAP protocol for retrieving the messages and SMTP protocol for transmitting them. Emails, calendar, contacts, task list all are stored in MBOX format which creates MBOX files without extensions. Default location of ‘Mail’ folder is available at:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\evolution\mail"
At times, user is in need of accessing these Evolution mails through Outlook which is one of the most powerful email clients available nowadays. But in order to access, you first need to convert the Evolution MBOX files into PST format which will then be supported by MS Outlook. To do so, you are recommended to employ a professional third-party tool for successful migration from Evolution. It is one such result-driven software which performs the risk-free and secure MBOX file conversion of multiple files at an instant. The steps involved in the procedure of how to performing the email conversion.
- Download the tool and run it. You will find the list of supported email clients from where select the Evolution email client.
- A dialog box will appear which will ask you for the location of MBOX file and if you don’t know then you can click on ‘Find File’ option.
- It offers you the preview of converted mails. Save the files by clicking on ‘Save’ option.
- You will be asked whether you want to save the file by creating a new PST file or by appending the data to already existing PST file.
- For appending the data to already existing PST file you need to select the existing Outlook profile or PST file.
- Finish by clicking on ‘OK’.