How to fix Excel Error 'Starts with a grey screen, won't open a file'?
Users often encounter several issues while working with Microsoft Excel that abstains users from accessing the excel files. One such problem occurs, while double-clicking the Excel file, The user is directed to a grey screen without showing any error message. This mainly happens due to corruption prevailing in your Excel file. Here we are providing you some temporary solutions to deal with such deadlock situation:
Methods to reslove the 'Starts with a grey screen, won't open a file' error
The easiest way to handle such problem is to press Ctrl + F10. This will allow you to view your document.
If the first method does not work out properly, try following steps:
- Go to Start button and then select Run option. Now type "Excel/unregserver" in command window.
- Now open MS Excel.
- Again go to Start button and type "Excel/regserver" in command window.
- Close MS Excel.
- Now open the file again. You will be able to view it properly.
If above methods didn’t worked out for you, try next steps which are:
- Launch MS Excel application from your system.
- Go to File menu and then click on ‘Options’.
- Now go to ‘Advanced’ option and here select ‘Display’.
- Check on the box “Disable hardware graphics acceleration”.
- Close your Excel and again try to reopen the spreadsheet.
Note: All these are temporary solutions, so it may be possible that same issue again hampers your working. Hence it is advised to repeat these steps whenever needed.
As these methods just provide temporary solution, so it is recommended to opt for a professional tool which can easily help in repairing the file thus providing a permanent solution for it.
Excel Repair tool has some really amazing features like extracting valuable data while keeping the format intact, option to repair multiple XLS and XLSX files etc and hence proves out to be the best permanent solution for this problem.