Fix error message in Excel "Errors were detected while saving..."
Microsoft Excel has been known for mystically simplifying the sophisticated statistical and engineering calculations in no time. The best part of the application is real-time data interpretation through pie-charts and bar graphs that makes your work recognized. However, scenario differs a bit when you try to copy some figures from the first file and makes numerous attempts to close it. All the time the system flashes a single message:
It is quite visible in the most instances where the parent file does not get close and even do not permit to save any changes either in path or in filename.
What Prompts the Error?
The issue of not saving the recent changes in Excel sheet may occur due to different technical snags. These technical snags are manifested due to:
- Large File Sizes of Excel.
- Version incompatibility issue.
- Large images and other Excel file properties.
- Sophistication in Windows Server.
- File Sharing.
Once the reason of the error is clear, there comes the time to sort the issue from the root. It requires simple approach of third-party software. However, the other approaches also include:
- Copying entire content to the new file.
- Saving under new version of Excel.
- Rename the existing file.
Even though the other approaches are convenient but they fail to provide satisfactory result. Thus, a professional approach is required to be implemented to provide effective solution.
General Purpose Approach – A Solution to the Issue
Simply install the hotfix package. However, if you are doing it your own, then any loss will also be owned by you. There could be serious problems if any registry goes wrong. Thus, taking complete back-up of the system is highly recommended.
The installation of hotfix package can be done as follows:
- Click Start -> Run. Type regedit in the Open box and click OK.
- Locate and select the following registry:
- Point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) value on the Edit menu.
- Type FullLoadImagesOnFileLoad followed by ENTER.
- From Details, right click FullLoadImagesOnFileLoad and click Modify.
- Type 1 in Value Data Box followed by OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
It may seem easier but may cost you more than you deserve if registry update goes wrong.
A Simple Solution in Sophisticated Package – An External Assistance
The third-party Excel Repair tool is developed for the users who feel inconvenience in repairing the Excel error on their own. The tool supports all versions of MS Office like 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007. To evaluate the proficiency of the tool just try them for once.