Recovery of data/files from RAW File System, Hard drive and Partition
While working on computer, the most important aspect is saving your valuable data on hard disk. Partitions of hard disk can be done in order to organize your data in more simplified way which at the end saves your time spent on searching for particular information. But at times, you found yourself amidst of hopelessness when you are not able to access your data stored at hard disk as the system displays that partition or file system had turned RAW.
Fundamentally, RAW is the default file system of CD-ROM. In case of hard drive, if it is not formatted by any file system (FAT or NTFS) then it is called RAW hard drive so it means that it actually contains nothing. But many a times your stored data in various hard disk partitions could not be accessed as hard disk had turned RAW. Hard disk’s capacity, used and unused space all are shown as ‘0’ when it becomes RAW. This kind of problem occurs due to many reasons. Some of them are given below:
- Bad sectors in your hard disk’s key area where the data is stored and it has been physically damaged could be the reason of hard disk turning into RAW.
- If the partition table of the hard disk present in MBR which contains vital information about the partitions done on hard disk is damaged then system might show your hard disk as RAW.
- If in case there is a reinstallation or restoration of operating system is performed which resulted in change in the file format then there is the probability that hard disk may turn RAW.
- Sometimes physical damage in the connecting cable of hard disk could not list your device on your system, hence hard disk appears to be RAW.
- Attack of any malware which entered through Internet or USB can be attributed to RAW hard disk problem as it causes many undesirable changes in file format, partition etc.
Now there are many errors or symptoms from which you can understand that something is wrong with your hard disk partition or file system. These are:
- You need to format the disk in drive E: before you can use it. Do you want to format it?
- The disk in drive E: is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?
- This volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.
- Sector not found.
- Other symptoms like weird characters appearing in file name, invalid media type etc.
Note: Do not format your hard disk even though it asks at each step when you try to access your data, as it will result in data loss and you are not even guaranteed for the removal of error.
Hard disk, its partition and file system appearing to be RAW hampers your working by denying access to the data stored at your hard drive. There is no guaranteed manual method available which could help you getting rid of this error. Hence, it has been advised by various technical experts to choose a professional tool which has been designed for these kinds of jobs only.
One such professional third-party Windows data recovery tool which helps you in retrieving data from the hard disk or its partitions which turned RAW. One can also recover data from damaged internal or external hard disk with this tool. It also enable you to make a copy or mirror image of your hard disk for backup. There is no storage limitation with this software as it can easily scan 2 TB of storage device.