Videos are the best way to gain more information related to any topic. The same information that is stored in the 500 pages of a book can be assembled into a 15-minute video. Video increase the efficiency to gain more information in the lesser time and more effectively. When you want to play the video using a media player, then there are several options in front of you. Today, we have assembled the best 10 media players to run videos from different formats and audio qualities. You can choose anyone and play video in it.
#1. Windows Media Player
Microsoft has given you a default media player for running both audio and video files. It is present in all the available Windows Operating Systems like 10, 8, 7, Vista, etc. The MacOS users are can download it to run it in Apple products.
Supported format – asf, asx, avi, wav, wma, wax, wm, wmv, wvx, mpg, mpeg, m1v, mp2, mpa, mpe, mov, aif, aifc, aiff, ivf.
- It is present in the Windows by default. It is also the default Windows Media player to run media files.
- The latest version of the application is available with the constant OS updates.
- Videos can be organized into several categories.
- There is Media Guide feature in the player to run music and videos from different websites and streaming services.
- The player plays streaming video on DSL connections slowly.
- It has limited applicability on other windows-based devices.
#2. VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is the most popular video player after Windows Media Player. It is more flexible and has a simpler interface. It supports more video formats than any other video player and there are several settings to play the videos. VLC Media Player can also play MP4 video files which is unable to run due to corruption.
Supported format – 3GP, ASF, AVI, DVR-MS, FLV, (MKV), MIDI, QuickTime File Format, MP4, Ogg, OGM, WAV, MPEG-2 (ES, PS, TS, PVA, MP3), AIFF, Raw audio, Raw DV, MXF, VOB, RM, Blu-ray, DVD-Video, VCD, SVCD, CD Audio, DVB, HEIF, AVIF.
- Simple and straight-forward user-interface.
- It has all the required codecs to play the videos.
- Simple video conversion options.
- It can create video stream for multiple video files.
- The in-built equalizer gives the benefit to boost the sound quality.
- No tags facility.
- No customization to change the interface.
- Requires videos to be played directly from their locations.
KMPlayer is the K-Multimedia Player that is supposed to play all the modern video formats that can be played on several applications. It has gained many positive reviews from its users and several third-party websites like Softonic, CNET, and others have given their platforms for KMPlayer download.
Supported format – AVI, HDML, ASF, WMV, AVS, FLV, MKV, MOV, 3GP, MP4, MPG, MPEG, DAT, OGM, VOB, RM, RMVB, TS, TP, IFO, NSV.
- It can play even the damaged AVI files.
- The video and audio quality are better in the given user-interface.
- Configuration settings are extensive.
- Multi-language support for the interface.
- It has a strong user base.
- It is slower than VLC Media Player.
- It is not represented properly on the web.
#4. DivX Player
DivX Player is meant to play the 4K video files although it supports all the major video formats. The user can add the complete video library and can be added easily. The Player can compress the video from a DVD to fit it into a CD and reduce the compression of the HD files to a DVD.
Supported format – DivX, MKV, 4K, AVI, MP4, HEVC, etc.
- It can directly stream videos to multiple Smart TVs, tablets, Chromecast, and gaming console.
- It can add multiple audio tracks and video subtitles.
- There is Pro version of the player where it can remove the ads and convert to other formats also.
- Each platform does not have DivX codec, so it cannot be played on every platform.
- Although, it supports various DVD formats, but it can be played on computer and not on DVD Player.
#5. Movies & TV
Movies & TV app is present in the Windows 10 platform where it becomes the central place to add all the videos from various folders. It is the minimal app that is supposed to play the video that the user has purchased from the Store.
Supported format – m4v, mp4, mov, asf, avi, wmv, m2ts, 3g2, 3gp2, 3gpp.
- Video Collection can be created for the videos present in different formats.
- It can play video directly from the XBOX.
- The purchased and rented videos from the Microsoft store are available to play in the app.
- To play the offline videos, the user needs to add the video folders manually.
- The Video format support is limited for a handful of videos only.
#6. Real Player
Earlier known as the RealAudio Player, RealOne Player, etc. The Real Player is meant to play all the audio and video formats from several containers. There are several plug-ins that can be added in the player and use to play multiple files. The Real Player is available on all platforms like Windows, Linux, MacOS, Symbian, etc.
Supported format – vob, dat, mpg, mpeg, m2v, mpe, avi, divx, wma, wmv, mov, swf, flv, rpl, xpl, pls, etc.
- It is a simple and direct user-interface to play the videos.
- Videos can be directly downloaded from the Internet.
- It supports majority of the video formats.
- There is not photo effect to apply on videos.
- No Advanced sorting for videos.
- No video filters or advanced editing.
#7. GOM Player
GOM Player is developed by the GOM & Company from South Korea. The efficiently designed software can play the broken media files and can download the missing codecs for videos also. It can support multiple types of subtitles and is quite popular in South Korea.
Supported format – ASF, AVI, OGG, WMV, MP4, FLV, VOB, MPEG, AMR, EVRC, MSVIDC.
- It can add the videos with the same names in the playlist.
- The user can rename the playing video.
- Switching audio channels, playback size, and the aspect ratio is easier in the app.
- App feels bulkier to play the video.
- There are ads in the video player.
#8. Kodi Player
Kodi Player is one of the open-source and free programs that is available for all the OS platforms. The user can not only play the offline videos and music, but the streaming information from several online platforms. The skins and add-ons are changeable and the user can add several add-ons to play videos from multiple websites.
Supported format – AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, FLV, MKV/MKA (Matroska), QuickTime, MP4, M4A, AAC, NUT, Ogg, OGM, RealMedia RAM/RM/RV/RA/RMVB, 3gp, VIVO, PVA, NUV, NSV, NSA, FLI, FLC, DVR-MS, WTV, TRP and F4V.
- The player is complete compatible with the several streaming websites like Amazon Fire, Android TV Boxes, Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
- There are more than 100 add-ons to attach with the player.
- Users have praised the user-interface of the software.
- Users can directly view the streaming videos.
- Several third-party add-ons contain malware.
- There is no support system where you can contact the Kodi team to check any problem.
#9. 5K Player
5K is the combination of several players like UHD Video Player, MP3 music player, media streaming application, and online video downloader. It can play several high-definition videos like 8K, 4K, and 360-degrees. It runs on both Windows and Mac-based computers and can play multiple video formats easily.
Supported format – MKV, AVI, FLV, WMV, M2TS, MP4.
- It can download videos from YouTube, Dailymotion and other websites.
- There is in-built radio to play the music.
- The user can create music and video library easily.
- There is video converter and DVD Ripper facilities also.
- Downloading speed for the videos are slower.
- For some video formats, the player stutters in playing the video.
#10. Zoom Media player
Zoom is the lightweight and faster media player that can play videos from a variety of formats. It has a simple and direct user-interface to play the video smoothly.
Supported format – H. 264, HEVC, DVD, Blu-Ray, XVID, DIVX, WMV, FLV, MOV, MPEG 1/2/4, WebM, MP3, AAC, FLAC, DTS.
- There are actually two players in one.
- The user can easily switch to Advanced mode.
- The codec detector checks for the respective codec.
- The skins are interchangeable easily.
- The Advanced mode is cluttered with less required options.
- The changes done in the settings can take much time in occurring.
We have presented you best ten video player that are available to play video from all the major formats and accessible easily. You should check the supported format for the application and download the best-suited one.