The main reason Yahoo users want to switch their web-based email application is Yahoo Mail’s failure to grow with the times and its inability to cope with the needs of
modern-day corporate and individual users. In this regard, Office 365 is a more well-rounded email platform that ticks all the right boxes for businesses. For example, the Outlook, Skype, and OneDrive functionality in Office 365 is beneficial for busy professionals who rely on cloud computing to access their important files on the go but have never been able to find a cost-effective solution for such services until now! This article is a guide to help you migrate your Yahoo Mail account to an Office 365 one, and it covers the steps you need to take to complete this migration smoothly without any teething troubles. Also, there are many ways of doing this transfer, and this is what we’ll cover. But before jumping directly to the solutions, first have a look at the main reasons that create that demand.
Need to Transfer Yahoo Email to Office 365
If you’re looking for a way to transfer Yahoo email to Office 365, then you’re in luck because we have the best solution for you. There are many great things about Office 365, but the best thing is that you can use it anywhere and on any device. However, before you can start using it, there are a few things you need to do, such as migrating all your emails to your new account. This can be time-consuming, and you run the risk of making mistakes. The best thing that you can do is to let us transfer your Yahoo messages for you. This way, you know that your data is being handled by professionals that know what they’re doing. In the end, you will be glad you found our company because you will save time and money.
Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365- Manually
If you want to transfer your Yahoo emails into the office 365 account,, you first have to configure both accounts and and then export Yahoo mail to the PST format using the Outlook application. After that, import the PST file into the Office 365 account. To accomplish this task, you need to perform the given below steps in a proper sequence.
Part 1: Configure Yahoo Mail within Outlook
- Launch the MS Outlook application and navigate the file tab.
- Click the Add Account button to add the Yahoo mail account.
- Now, click on the manual setup or additional server types.
- Further, enter your username and password for the Yahoo Mail account.
Incoming Server: pop.yahoo.com
Outgoing Server: smtp.yahoo.com
- Enter the third-party app password and tap on the next button.
- Here, it shows that your IMAP email account is successfully configured.
- Hit the finish button to end the process.
- Lastly, a new mailbox is successfully created in Outlook.
Part 2: Export Yahoo Mail to PST Format
- Open the MS Outlook app and move to the File tab.
- In the open & export tab select the import/export option.
- Now, choose the export to a file option in the import and export wizard and tap on the next button.
- Afterward, select the Outlook data file (.pst) option and press the next button.
- In the next step, mark the folders you want to export and click on the next button.
- Further, mention the destination location to save the resultant PST file.
- Finally, tap on the finish button to end the exporting process.
Part 3: Import Resultant PST File to Office 365
This section has been further divided into two parts. Two manual methods are available to import the PST file into an Office 365 account. You need to follow both methods. However, it requires some technical knowledge.
1. Network Upload Method Via Azure AzCopy
- First, navigate the compliance center and sign in with Microsoft 365 admin account credentials.
- In the next step, click on the data lifecycle management and then the import option.
- Click on the + new import job option.
- Now, specify the name for the import PST job in the import job wizard, and press the next button.
- Then, upload your data from the page you want to upload or ship data page. Click next.
- Select the show network upload SAS URL option when the import data panel opens.
- After that, copy the SAS URL to the clipboard and paste it into a film from which you can easily access it.
2. Upload PST file to Microsoft 365 using Azure AzCopy
- Open the command prompt on your local system after downloading the Azure AzCopy and locate the directory where you have downloaded the azcopy.exe file.
- Here, execute the following command to import the PST file to the Office 365 account.
azcopy.exe copy “
- At last, run the command so that the status message will display that shows the progress of uploading the PST files.
The above method only helps you to transfer the PST file to the Azure storage location. After this, specify and create the CSV file associated with the PST file to import.
Limitation of Free or Manual Method:
- Time-taken process and require technical expertise to complete this
- Chances of data loss
- Completed procedures
Alternate Approach to Migrate Yahoo Mail to Office 365
Due to above limitation of the manual method most of the users use to find another method to migrate Yahoo emails to Office 365 account. For thos users, we have come up with an automated method to transfer emails from Yahoo Mail to Office 365. As we already know that, Yahoo Mail is IMAP-supported email clients. Therefore, user can opt for the IMAP to Office 365 Tool, an exclusive and virus-free utility that can quickly export Yahoo emails to Office 365 account.
Besides, the utility is capable to migrate emails, calendar, and contacts from any IMAP-supported email client such as Gmail. Hence, ultimately adoption of this too can be beneficial in multiple ways.
This blog will show you how to migrate your Yahoo Mail account to Office 365. This process is relatively simple and does not require any extra effort. We have discussed the manual and professional methods for completing this migration. But, due to a few limitations in the manual process, We recommend using a professional solution (IMAP to Office 365 Tool) to migrate your Yahoo mail data for the best results.