Millions of users listen to music on their iPhones, iPads, and iPods. The M4A is the most popular format for music files. If you have an M4A file, you might try to play it on your cell phone or computer, you should find that it is corrupted. This blog post will show you how to repair a corrupt M4A file so that you can bring your music files back to life.
The m4a extension is a file format for media files. It is also referred to as m4a audio and it is a file extension for the audio file format that is most often used in Apple products. It is a type of audio file that happens to be a common media format used in iTunes.
This is a new format of audio compression. As a result, there are many applications that are incompatible with the file format of m4a files. This file format happens to be a type of audio file that is otherwise known as a media container.
What are the Reasons Behind the Corruption of M4A Files?
The problem of M4A file corruption is something that can affect anyone, no matter if you are a novice or an experienced user. The corrupted M4A file may appear in the form of a black box instead of a file, or it can be a plain text file or an audio file which does not play or work in any way. If you are using any of these files for your personal or professional use then you need to worry about them in case they are corrupted. Apart from these files, there can be other reasons behind the corruption of these files. Let us discuss some of the reasons behind the corruption of these files.
- Corruption of the file from the source
- Improper synchronization of the file format
- Corruption of the file from the application
- Sometimes, due to sudden phone call while recording the audio
- Due to incomplete transfer of M4A file via SHAREit, or any sharing applications.
- When the recording application is crashed or suddenly stops functioning, then the file can get corrupt
- Sometimes, users face corruption in M4A files due to virus or malware attacks.
How to fix a corrupt M4A file using the Repair M4A file online tool?
M4A files are typically used for audiobooks, music files, and podcasts. If you have an M4A file that won’t load on your computer or mobile device, it may be corrupted. To repair a broken M4A file, you can upload your file to a free online tool. This tool can fix M4A files that are missing or damaged. The tool is easy to use, and you don’t need any technical knowledge to use it.
One of the most credible free options you can always capitalize on to fix your corrupt M4A file involves downloading the VLC player and installing it on your Windows PC/Mac. The VLC player is available in both Windows and Mac OS X versions and it has certain repair tools for AVI files. It also allows you to convert all kinds of video formats to AVI so long as the output profile you choose is still the same with regards to resolution, frame rate, and codecs. However, bear in mind that the VLC player has its limitations – it doesn’t always fix the corruption completely – but it does a pretty good job for minor file damages.
Follow the below listed steps to repair corrupt M4A files.
- Download and Install VLC Media Player on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Now, click on the Media>>Convert/Save. (Else, press ctrl+R to open media wizard)
- After that, tap the Add button and navigate to the corrupt M4A file. Select the file and tap the Open button.
- Here, tap the Convert/Save button from the Open Media wizard after adding the M4A file.
- At last, click on the dropdown symbol and choose the format.
- Finally, hit the Browse button and select the saving path. Click Start.
How to fix a corrupt M4A File by using the software?
There are many best video repair software available in the market today, but none as efficient and effective as Video Recovery Tool. If you have lost your music or media file due to any consideration, there is a high probability that you can still recover your deleted data with ease.
Although, it’s always better to rely on software for safe and effective fixes. A smart option would be Video Repair, a reliable tool that has the capability of recovering the M4A audio files and repairs them.
M4A is the audio format developed by Apple and Microsoft. M4A file is the audio file that holds the complete music track of a song. It is usually downloaded by an iTunes user. M4A files can be played on a Mac, Windows or any type of computer. However, there could be multiple reasons as mentioned above for the corruption into M4A files. Therefore, within the content, I have listed the manual and professional method to do so.