Repair Outlook Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)
The mails from MS Outlook mailbox can be easily downloaded, but sometimes while downloading the PST files, the corruption of PST files along with their inaccessibility has been clearly observed. To the user’s surprise, the source of such occurrence is known but performing the wrong solution may cost severe loss to the user. For example, a naïve user may not be aware of any such issue and may encounter it while downloading the PST file from the Outlook mailbox. So, if the user wants to counteract, then it is necessary to understand the meaning and the nature of error.
CRC Error and its relation with MS Outlook
CRC error appears on the screen as:
Did you find any difference? Absolutely, from both messages, the incapability to copy the file from source can be deciphered. So, what is the reason of its occurrence?
The reason of occurrence of CRC errors are as follows:
- Abrupt closure of Outlook platform.
- Incomplete PST files downloading.
- Malware infection.
- Hard disk failure.
- Software incapability.
The chances of Outlook CRC error occurrence by the above mentioned factors are quite high. The hard Disk Failure is the known factor among all with definite resolution provided o get rid of such error.
Resolution to CRC Error
To fix CRC error it is advised to initially try the manual method. However, if the manual method fails to procure the desired results, then it is recommended to take third-party assistance just for the sake of the mailbox data.
Manual methods to fix CRC Error
Fixing Hard Disk Issue:
To fix CRC error manually, user is requested to follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Type Run-> Type cmd.
- In CMD screen, type chkdsk/f and press Enter.
- A new screen will appear that says, “The type of the file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive.” This means the Chkdsk cannot run due to already running program. Hence, user has to schedule the volume so that whenever the computer restarts, the disk volume is checked.
- Press ‘Y’ to restart the system.
Recreating Outlook PST Files:
To create Outlook PST files these steps are quite useful:
- Close Outlook window and start Windows Explorer.
- Now, make the selection of the PST file and rename the file as desired with .pst as file extension.
- After naming the PST file, open the inbox repair utility Scanpst.exe and perform the repair function.
- If the inbox utility does not fix the PST-related error, then it is recommended to take the assistance from the external functionality.
Once done, close the all windows and restart the system. The reported CRC errors are now finally resolved. If user is professional then the manual method is quite sufficient for them; however, the assistance from the third-party PST Recovery tool is recommended for the naïve user. The biggest advantage of using the third-party tool is the guaranteed recovery of the PST files without any data loss.