Embedded Videos Not Playing in Google Chrome is one of the most common problems in today’s time. There are thousands of forum discussions on the internet about Embedded Videos Not Playing in Google Chrome. My blog will cover this topic in-depth.
Google Chrome is a web browser developed by Google. It is an open-source browser and was announced in September 2008. Available for macOS, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android users. It was created because Google thought; that they could make a better browser than the one they were using at the time, which was their browser, called the Google browser. It was also created to make web pages load faster. Even though users face or encounter several common video errors at different times while using the Google Chrome browser.
One such problem or issue is unable to play embedded video files in Google Chrome. Many web pages are embedded with video files, and whenever you open the embedded video web pages, the video files start playing. Overall, Google chrome does not create issues every time while streaming the video files. Instead, it happens sometimes, but not very often in a while.
What are the Reasons behind Embedded Video Not Playing in Google Chrome?
Embedded videos not playing can appear due to various reasons. Some of the possible reasons for the cause are mentioned below. Have a look at a few of the reasons for not playing the embedded video files in Google Chrome.
- A slow internet connection can display the issue of not playing embedded videos.
- An outdated version of Google chrome also is a factor for embedded video not playing.
- The added extensions in Google can be responsible for appearing the video not playing in Google chrome.
These are a few possible reasons why embedded video does not play via the Google Chrome browser. Therefore, it is time to move towards the methods to fix or overcome the embedded videos not playing in chrome. It occurs because of multiple reasons, thus it has different solutions to fix or overcome and get rid of this.
How to Overcome Embedded Video Not Playing in Google Chrome?
Here are the multiple ways through which users can play the embedded video file in Google Chrome.
- Fix Embedded Video Not Playing- By Updating the Google Chrome Browser
- Delete the Cache and Cookies of Google Chrome
- Turn-Off Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome
- Disable Adblock on Google Chrome.
- Using a Professional Corrupt Video Repair Tool
These are the possible solutions by which users can fix embedded videos without playing issues with Google Chrome. Now, let’s proceed further to know the tactics or strategies, in brief, to fix embedded video not playing issues of Google Chrome. Get solution to fix unable play video error 5 in Google chrome.
#1. Fix Embedded Video Not Playing- By Updating the Google Chrome Browser
It has been observed that many users face or encounter the video not playing from a webpage, Though the reason behind this is an outdated version of google chrome or due to changes in Google Chrome settings. Therefore, all you have to do is- open the same video from any other device with Google Chrome and if the video file plays comfortably, means you need to update your Google Chrome to get rid of this embedded video file not playing. So, recommend all the users to first attempt the simple and quick techniques to fix by updating the Google Chrome browser.
Here are the steps to update the Google Chrome browser. Follow each of them carefully to update.
- Open your system and launch your Google Chrome browser.
- Now, from the right side of the chrome wizard, click on the More option. (Displayed as three vertical dots and named as Customize and Control Google Chrome option)
- After that, from the displayed list expand the help option and click on About Google Chrome.
- Tap the update toggle from the About Chrome section.
- After the complete update, click on the Relaunch button to restart Google Chrome.
These are the steps to update the Google Chrome browser. Update your browser and play the video file to check whether the embedded video is played by the Google Chrome browser or not. If still encountering, then move to the below approaches.
#2. Delete the Cache and Cookies of Google Chrome
There are different issues with Google Chrome that are caused by the temp file or cache & cookies saved within the browser. Hence, it is also helpful to attempt to fix embedded videos not playing in Google Chrome. Follow the below-listed steps to delete the cache, cookies, and temp files.
- Launch your Google Chrome browser.
- Click on the More option and select settings.
- From the Google Settings page, click the Privacy and Security option.
- After that, click on the Clear browsing data.
- Here, tick all the checkboxes from the Basic & Advanced option.
- At last, click the Clear data button to delete all cache & cookies from the browser.
(Simply and quickly, one can open their browser and press the ctrl+H hotkey and choose the option clear browsing data)
#3. Turn-Off Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome
Hardware acceleration is the advanced setting that can offload a few web page properties and also become essential for reducing the computer’s CPU burdens. The hardware acceleration option is enabled in Google chrome to increase the performance of any webpage. Even so, various users have encountered different issues with the enabled hardware acceleration feature of Google Chrome. Therefore, one can disable the Hardware acceleration toggle and then can play the embedded video file in Google Chrome. The below-mentioned step-wise functioning is quite reliable in turn-off Hardware acceleration of Google Chrome. Follow to do so:-
- Open your Google Chrome browser.
- Tap the three vertical dots of customizing and control the Google Chrome option from the right side of the Google chrome wizard.
- Click on the Settings option from the displayed list.
- From the Google chrome setting page, find and click Advanced to expand.
- After that, Choose the System option and disable Use hardware acceleration when available.
- At last, restart your PC and Google Chrome to play the embedded video files in Google Chrome.
#4. Disable Adblock on Google Chrome
Sometimes, disabling the AdBlock extensions can also play the embedded video files in Google Chrome. Here are the steps to disable Adblock in Google Chrome.
- Open your System/PC and launch Google Chrome.
- Tap the three vertical dots from the right-corner side of the browser wizard.
- From the displayed list, click the Settings option.
- After that, click on the Extensions option from Google Chrome.
- Here, find the ad blocker extensions and turn the toggle off.
These are the strategies that can fix the embedded video not playing in Google Chrome. However, when users upload their video file or start embedding the video file in a webpage, then there is quite a huge chance of being corrupted video files while uploading video files in a web page. Don’t worry, you can use the professional and reliable video repair tool to repair corrupt video files which are uploaded on web pages.
Do you have corrupt or damaged videos that you want to repair and save? If so, check out this advanced video repair tool that supports multiple video formats such as Repair MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI., AVCHD, FLV, F4V, etc video file formats. This software can even recover the audio and video files if they are broken into several pieces. Just download it now!
#5. Using a Professional Corrupt Video Repair Tool
Video Repair tool is a reliable and responsive video repair utility that supports top repair of minor or severely corrupted video files with ease. With this advanced and risk-free tool, one can repair video files of multiple file formats, either 3GP, MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, AVCHD, FLV, F4V, MKV., etc. Moreover, this utility is designed with an easy-to-use Graphical interface so that a novice or non-technical background user can repair corrupt/damaged video files.
Within this technical write-up, you will get to know about embedded videos not playing in Google Chrome with its fixes. Besides,k we have discussed a few reasons for embedded video files not playing in Google Chrome. However, sometimes, while uploading the video files to web pages, video files get corrupted in between the process, and display the video cant be played in chrome. Therefore, you can use the professional and well-optimized best video repair tool to repair video files instantly in multiple formats.