Whether you’re relaxing and watching videos with your family or entertaining friends for the holidays, it is a reviving experience to be directly involved in the movie-watching process. However, error messages can easily ruin this experience by popping up on your screen and interrupting the flow of the videotape when watching videos with Windows Media Player. The specific error 0xc00d5212 when playing video interrupts the flow because you are distracted while figuring out what the cryptic message means.
In this blog post, we will focus on the cryptic error 0xc00d5212. We will also share various methods to fix the error code 0xc00d5212. Try out whichever one you feel more comfortable performing since several different techniques could fix error 0xc00d5212 when playing video.
When does the Error 0xc00d5212 Occur?
There are diverse reasons behind the occurrence of error 0xc00d5212 can’t play video. Here are a few prominent reasons that cause the error.
- A corrupt codec restricts media player from playing a video file and pop-up the can not play video.
- The unsupported video file format is also one main reason behind the appearance of the error message that can’t play the video.
- Sometimes, this error message appears due to the corrupt entries in the Windows 10 system.
- The improper configuration or shutdown of the system leads to corrupt Windows files, which leads to errors while playing the video.
- Corruption in your video file can also cause the error message 0xc00d5212.
How to Fix Error 0xc00d5212 When Playing Video?
If you are getting an error message 0xc00d5212 when playing video in Windows 10, 8, 7, or Vista, then perform the different troubleshooting techniques mentioned below to fix it.
- Change the Video Media Player: Due to a missing codec from the Windows Media Player, you can face or encounter the error message and can not play the video. Thus, changing the media player can be the perfect troubleshooting technique to fix error 0xc00d5212 when playing a video.
- Download and Launch the different media players such as VLC, PotPlayer, Media Player Classic, etc.
- Right-click on the video and select Open with your preferred media player except for Windows Media Player.
- Install Correct or Missing Codec: A missing codec from the media player can affect the playing of video files. Codec program is an encoding and decoding signal for video editing, video conferencing, etc. Sometimes, an improper installation affects the working efficiency of the codec and associated multimedia. Thus, users need to install the correct or missing codec of the media player.
How to install missing or Correct Codec for Windows media player?
- Firstly, Open your Windows Media Player.
- From the upper-left menu, click Organise>>Options.
- After that, you will find the pop-up wizard of options. Tap the Player tab.
- Under the Automatic update option, select either the Once a day or Once a week option and click Ok.
- At last, open the same video file using Windows Media Player. Before playing the video, you will receive a prompt message to install the codec. Click on Install codec.
- Update the Video Driver: Error 0xc00d5212 When Playing Video can appear or pop up due to the old video driver. Hence, we strongly suggest users update the old media driver to the latest one.
Simple and Quick Steps to Update the Video Driver
- Open your PC or Computer/Desktop.
- Press the Window+R hotkey to open the Run wizard.
- Enter devmgmt.msc in the Run wizard and click Ok to open the Drive Manager.
- From the device manager, double-click on the Display adapters.
- After that, right-click on your Graphics adapter>>Properties.
- Now, open the Driver tab and choose the option Update Driver.
- After the driver update, restart your PC and check for the error 0xc00d5212 When Playing Video.
- Change the Video File Extension: When receiving error 0xc00d5212 while playing a video, they can use the general strategies to change the video file extension to fix error 0xc00d5212 when playing video.
- Use the Powerful and Comprehensive Video Repair Tool Fails to overcome the error 0xc00d5212 can’t play video using the above tricks or strategies. Don’t Panic! It can be due to corrupt video files. Thus, use the best and most advanced Video Repair tool to repair corrupt video files and get back with this cryptic error 0xc00d5212. The utility is smartly designed and self-instructive for non-technical users to repair their corrupt video files.
We hope you found our post helpful regarding How to Fix Error 0xc00d5212 When Playing Video. With this knowledge, you should be able to fix this error message when playing video and return to your regularly scheduled program. If you have any other video file corruption issues, try some best video repair tools to fix video file corruption in all formats 3GP, MP4, AVI, FLV, MPEG, MKV etc. Thank you for reading!