An email supports different types of formats and each format has its own utlity and limitation. However, there may be times when one format has to be converted into another.
The two most common types of formats are EML and PST. They often have to be converted from EML to PST file format.
An EML file is an individual email message. It saves the information in a single email itself. This means that a single email stores the email text, sender’s detail, recipient’s detail, and the date of the message. The size of an EML file is relatively smaller as it saves the data for a single email message only. It is mostly compatible with Windows Live Mail, MS Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express etc.
On the other hand, the PST file is a file format that is supported by the Microsoft Outlook. It stores the entire information related to the mailbox account. It saves all the information of the mailbox including contacts, calendars, tasks and journals. Users can save such information on the computer itself. It can store 100 times more information than the EML files. That is why users deem it necessary to convert EML to PST files.
Perform instant safe and secure conversion of your entire EML file data to PST file, just evaluate the free demo version of EML to PST Converter tool.
Need of converting EML Files to PST files
There can be several reasons to convert EML to PST files. The same have been given in the following way:
- EML files can be corrupted easily as they are very prone to malware attacks.
- EML Files only offer a limited storage and take most of the space of the email.
- Only limited clients support EML file format.
How to convert EML to PST format
There are different methods to convert EML to OST formats. The same have been given in the following way:
- Drag-&-Drop method – If you have a small number of EML files, then you can simply drag-&-drop files to an Outlook folder. You can install Microsoft Outlook for this method
- Open MS Outlook from the application menu.
- Go to the folder where you have saved EML files.
- Select either a single or multiple EML files.
- Use the mouse pointer to drag these files and place them in an Outlook folder by dropping the mouse hold.
- This will export the files.
- Using Windows Live Mail – If you are still using the older version of Windows Live Mail, then you can easily export the EML file to Exchange supported PST format. Follow the below procedure-
- Open Windows Live Mail on your system.
- Click File in the toolbar and click Export Email. Then choose Email Messages.
- Select Microsoft Exchange as the Program where you want to export your emails. Click Next.
- A message appears and says ‘This will export messages from Windows Live Mail to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange.’ Click OK.
- Select the folder that you want to migrate to Outlook. You can apply using a different option to select individual folders. Click OK.
- The messages have started to export. You can click the Cancel option to stop the process.
- The Export process is complete. The successful message says that your messages were successfully exported using the Microsoft Exchange format. Click Finish.
Import EML files to MS Outlook
Follow the given steps for the following EML to PST conversion process:
- Open Microsoft Outlook in your system
- Now, got to the location where you have saved the files
- Once you have selected the desired EML files that you want to migrate, you can click on the files and then on the hold option
- Next, move the pointer, and then place it in the inbox of your Microsoft Outlook. Release the Hold. The Files would be moved automatically
Convert EML to PST using the Outlook Express
This method requires the user to drag the EML Files into the Outlook Express and then accordingly, configure the EML files with the Outlook Express. After that, the user can follow the following steps:
- Run the Microsoft Outlook in your system as administrator
- Click on the File Tab and then select Open and Export
- Choose the Import/Export option form the list.
- Opt for the Import Internal Mail and Addresses and then Outlook Express
- Select the next button and click on the Finish Button to export the EML files to Outlook.
Limitations of the manual methods
All the methods which have been described above are not without limitations. They are best suited for those who have the technical knowledge to convert EML to PST file. The list of the challenges which one can face due to these methods have been given in the following way:
- It is complicated for new users
- The steps are very time consuming
- The data may be lost in this process
- These changes have to be executed again and again with every update.
Converting EML to PST files with a professional solution
The users can definitely opt for EML TO PST Converter. This is the best converter for converting EML to PST files. This software can easily handle loads of data in one go. It overcomes the challenges posed by the manual methods. These softwares can be easily handled by the non-technical users. The data is protected during the conversion process executed with the help of this software.
|EML to PST Converter
|Windows Live Mail is no longer supported by Microsoft.
|The software support EML files created from all email clients.
|There are no filter options to choose import EML files.
|The software provides multiple filter options for converting EML files.
|There is no different manual method to convert EML files.
|The software provide suitable environment to convert EML files with better control and features.
|Drag-&-drop option is not useful for emails with attachments.
|The software converts entire email message including the attachments.
If you want to get a more secure export process, then you should use a professional EML to PST Converter software that can export an unlimited number of EML files. The software will show the preview of selected EML files and provide suitable filters before moving them. It will convert complete email structure like text, subject, to, from, sender information, recipient information, sent date, etc. Rest is upon the user to decide the right course of action