Outlook is an amazing email client which is why many users make their main account on Outlook. However, Yahoo is a web-based mail service and has quite a few advantages over Outlook. Eventually, people using Outlook have started using yahoo mail. It might be an alternate email account or just a transfer of the main account. But now they might have to transfer data from Outlook to Yahoo Mail. Therefore knowing how to import PST files to yahoo mail is an advantage to the user.
What is the need to import?
Both Outlook and Yahoo mail are popular among users around the world but there are significant differences that give yahoo mail the upper hand. Yahoo mail is a cloud-based client that allows users to access their accounts from anywhere in the world. But on the other hand, Outlook is a desktop-based client that restricts users to only access their account through their system. Looking at the advantage of accessing email account remotely many users move to yahoo mail. Hence there is a need to transfer data from Outlook to yahoo mail.
What are the benefits of importing PST files to yahoo mail?
- The fact that yahoo mail is completely free and Outlook is not is alone a decisive reason for people.
- Yahoo allows the use of many social networking websites such as Tumblr and Flickr. And even they can be accessed free of cost.
- Files in yahoo are generally safe because of the Norton antivirus protection constantly looking after them.
- With Outlook having limited space to store emails it gives another advantage to yahoo mail since it has as much as 1 TB of storage space. Therefore there is no need to delete files now and then.
- PST files or any other Outlook files will need space on your system which ultimately affects your hard drive. With yahoo mail being a cloud-based client all the files are stored on the cloud. Even the PST files imported to yahoo are stored on the cloud.
- You will be able to search the web while using yahoo. There is no limit to asking questions to yahoo.
How to import PST files in Yahoo Mail?
There are only two ways to do this task. Either choose the manual method using Import Outlook Method or use a third-party tool. We will explain the manual method in detail in this blog.
Method 1: Import using Import Outlook Method
Before looking at the step-by-step process you need to link your yahoo ID with Outlook. It is a pre-requisite with the manual method. After the connection is completed follow the below steps:
- In the left upper corner of Outlook, the application goes to File and selects the Open & Export option.
- In the appeared wizard select Import from another program or file before clicking Next.
- In the next dialog box select the file type that is PST by selecting Outlook Data File (.PST) and click Next.
- Select the file from your system using the Browse option. From the Options mentioned in the box select the preferable one according to your requirements. Then click Next.
- Select the linked Yahoo email ID and where you want to import your files from the drop-down. By clicking Finish your task is completed.
Method 2: Import using third-party tools
There are many third-party tools such as PST Importer or PST repair by many companies around the web. These third-party tools allow you to skip a few steps from the manual method and also provide other features to ease out the process of importing PST files in Yahoo Mail.
Importing PST files to Yahoo mail gives unsaid advantages to the user as they can access their email account from anywhere in the world. Apart from the advantages it also offers other benefits that are not provided by Outlook. So by using the either manual or automated methods you can easily import the PST files to Yahoo mail and enhance your working experience.
The above mentioned manual method assists me in importing PST to Yahoo Mail. The blog is also teaching the user about the benefits of importing PST files to Yahoo Mail. After following the steps, I got a good result. Thank you for sharing this informative blog.