MS Outlook has become one of the most important software for sending and receiving emails. It comes with an organized interface which is very easy to use. It arranges the emails in different folders depending on the nature and the type of the emails. However, there may be a situation where a user deletes a folder by mistake or a user can misplace a folder of MS Outlook while changing accounts or moving emails from one folder to another. In such a situation, there is a need to recover the deleted folder in MS Outlook. There are different types of ways with the help of which it can be carried out.
Methods to recover the deleted folder in MS Outlook
There are different methods to recover the deleted folder in MS Outlook. The detailed steps under every method has been given in the following way:
Method 1: Moving the deleted folder
- Check the folder in which the deleted folder has been restored. It would be either stored in the Deleted Items or Trash folder.
- Once the deleted folder has been found, right-click on the deleted folder.
- Tap on Move Folder, and the deleted folder will move to the other folder selected. Choose Inbox from the list.
- Click OK once you are done.
Method 2: Shifting the Folder
Many times, the Trash and Deleted Items Folder may not contain the deleted items. In such a situation, the users can access the Recoverable Items folder. This is a hidden folder, and all the deleted items, such as files and folders, are available here. The users can follow the steps to recover the deleted folders from the recoverable items folder.
- Open MS Outlook.
- Go to the left-hand side pane of MS Outlook. If there is a Trash Folder instead of the Deleted Items Folder, then your MS Outlook has permanently deleted your emails, and the same cannot be restored.
- Go to the Home tab in the toolbar. Click on Recover from Deleted Items from Server.
- Select the folder that you want to recover. Click on the Restore Selected Items command.
- Click OK once you are done with the process.
Method 3: Recover from Backups or Contact other people
MS Outlook usually takes a long time to process the PST files. The email client prompts the users to delete the PST files if they exceed the data limit. However, during the archiving process, if the system shuts down, the whole process is terminated, which may corrupt the PST files. Backups and other contacts are useful for retrieving the information.
Method 4: Recover Deleted Folders using an Advanced Tool
If the above methods failed in recovering the deleted folders from Outlook, it’s time to switch to an automated tool which helps you quickly recover the deleted folder in MS Outlook. The Outlook PST repair tool is an effective tool with the help of which the data can be easily recovered. It is very beneficial as it comes with several advanced features and an easy to use interface to easily restore the deleted folders without any data loss. This automated tool is easily available and can be downloaded and installed accordingly.
Some of its advanced features are listed below:
- This third party tool helps recover soft-deleted emails. This tool helps recover corrupt and damaged files as well.
- The tool helps repair large PST files, which can be as large as 2GB, 4GB and 8GB.
- The tool is also helpful in recovering different types of folders, calendars and attachments that have been permanently deleted.
- The tool is also helpful for saving emails in different formats such as MSG, EML and HTML.
- It is a tool that comes with smart filtering options. This tool helps to include the options such as date range, email header, sender/recipient and address.
- The tool can also retain the meta properties of the recovered emails such as To, From, Cc, Bcc, Subject, Date/Time and Attachments.
Recover the Deleted Folders in Microsoft 365 or Exchange Server
In case the users have Microsoft 365 or Exchange Server; then the users can follow the given steps to recover the deleted folder in MS Outlook. The steps for the same have been given in the following way:
- Go to the MS Outlook email folder list and click Deleted Items.
- From the Folder menu, select ‘Recover Deleted Items.’
- In the ‘Recover Deleted Items’ window, select the items you want to recover and mark the ‘Restore Selected Items’ checkbox.
- Click on OK. All the deleted items will move back to their original locations.
With all of this information, it is possible to conclude that these methods are very beneficial to restore deleted files. These deleted files and folders can be easily recovered with the help of the following methods. These methods are very easy to follow and are known for giving the best results. There are both manual and automated methods available for solving this issue. So if the manual methods fail to produce the desired result, then the users can easily switch to the automated best PST repair software method.
Q 1. What items can be restored along with the folders to their original locations?
Ans. The users can easily restore folders, files, attachments, calendars, contacts and other deleted items along with the deleted folders.
Q 2. Why are automated methods suitable for recovering deleted folders?
Ans. The automated methods are more suitable for recovering deleted folders. This method is useful for protecting the data and, at the same time, recovering the folders easily without damaging or corrupting the data.