NST is an extension of Outlook files. It is stored on the devices whenever Office 365 configures with MS Outlook. It is the type of file that MS Outlook automatically creates.
These NST files are grouped in the form of a GST file. This file format allows the users to work offline, just like the OST files enable the user to work in such a mode. Therefore, it is very similar to the OST files of Outlook. These files allow the users to store emails, contacts, folders, tasks, calendars, and more. However, they may require an NST viewer to view the same.
Location of the NST file
The location of the NST file varies according to the operating system installed within the system. For instance, the location of the NST file in Windows XP and Windows 7/8/10 are:
C:\Documents and Settings\%user_name%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
These files can be accessed only when viewed in the originally viewed file. Therefore, users cannot directly open NST file in MS Outlook. Therefore, in such a situation, there is a need to convert NST to PST format. Let us understand the process of creating and converting the NST files.
Finding the location of these NST files
These NST Files are available at the default location in MS Outlook. However, before converting the same into PST files, it is very important to locate these NST file in Office 365. It is only with the help of this process that it becomes possible to view the exact files which need to be converted to PST file format and then viewed in MS Outlook. Let us follow the given steps to find the location of the NST file in Office 365.
- As a first step, the users must right-click on the Office 365 account. After that, a dialogue box will appear. Click on ‘Data File Properties’.
- Click on ‘Advanced and then click on the ‘General Tab’ at the top right-hand side corner of the dialogue box.
- The top of the dialogue box will display certain tabs. Click on the ‘Advanced Tab’. A new wizard will become functional. Click on ‘Outlook Data File Settings.’
- The location of the NST files would now be available to the users. Copy the entire site location from the File box.
- After that, open Windows Explorer and paste the copied file location, which now extends to Outlook only.
- The NST files can now be accessed by the users easily, and they will on the accurate position from where they can be easily converted from one file format to another.
How to Create an NST File?
The following steps have to be followed to create an NST file:
- Open MS Outlook.
- Add your office 365 account to MS Outlook and configure both of them.
- Enter the password of your Office 365 account and click the OK option.
- A mail delivery location dialogue box will appear, and then you can click on the OK button.
- The users will now receive a confirmation that their account setup is complete. Click on the ok button.
- MS Outlook will now automatically start configuring the emails of Office 365 into the same account, and the entire database of MS Outlook and Office 365 will be linked to each other with the help of this method.
- After the entire process to configure the email accounts have been completed, users can now view NST files in the same location where the OST files of MS Outlook have been stored. Both of these files would now be available together. That is why NST files are considered the same as OST files.
How to Open NST File in Microsoft Outlook?
After discussing all of these steps to Open NST file, it is now important to understand the process of converting the NST files into PST file format to open an NST file. These files cannot be converted manually, and the users may require a professional NST to PST converter. The users can follow the given steps to convert these files from NST to PST file format automatically with the help of the NST to PST converter.
Follow the given steps for the same:
- After the users have located the NST files with the help of the steps that have been followed above, it is now important to Right click on the same NST file. A dialogue box will appear. This is the best NST viewer. Click on properties from that box.
- Now, click on the general tab. The file extension of the NST files i.e., .nst would now be changed to .pst.
- Once the file has been renamed, Download and install a professional NST to PST converter. Launch the application.
- Click on Add OST files to the software. This OST file is nothing but the NST file, which has been stored in the same location due to the similarity in properties in MS Outlook.
- A new dialogue box will appear. Select the files the user wishes to convert from one format to another. Click on the export option as a last step. All of the NST files would now be converted to PST files without any data loss.
These PST files can be easily imported to MS Outlook and viewed properly. The users can now Open NST file easily.
This is the easiest method, with the help of which the users can access NST file into the PST files to view them in MS Outlook. All of these steps have to be followed as it is. This is the best way to make this happen.