Suppose you are watching a video on YouTube and rather the video getting played, it shows an error “This video is not available”, and then you got all the reasons to get annoyed. But, you don’t have to worry about the error in YouTube video that you were excited to see. This error is a common error on YouTube. We have brought you the most genuinely tried and tested manual methods to solve “this video is not available” error on YouTube. There are several issues causing this problem.
Please go through our possible reasons and solutions one by one for solving this issue on your own.
METHODS TO RESOLVE “THIS VIDEO IS NOT AVAILABLE” ON YOUTUBE
1) Refresh or restart the web browser
This problem can occur due to network problem or poor connection. First check your internet connection and your network speed using online internet speed checker tools. If your internet connection or your network speed it is good, then refresh your web page. Check the issue again and if the problem is not resolved, then restart your YouTube, your web browser and the router. Then try to open that YouTube video again. After launching the YouTube, if the problem remains same then go to other methods.
2) Clear the cache files
In the case, if the cache files in your device gets corrupted then your device may show the error “this video is not available” whenever you plays a video in the YouTube or your device. This file can create some problems as it stores temporary data on your device. If the issue happens due to corrupted cache file, then you need to clear the cache file. To clear the cache file, perform the following steps-
- Open your web browser. Click on 3 dots on the top right of browser and select the Settings on drop-down list.
- After opening the Settings dialogue box. Scroll down and go to Advanced section.
- Now select the Clear browsing data section.
- After that click on Choose what to clear option and then click on Clear now to clear the cache files.
- At last, close the dialogue box and play your YouTube video.
3) Disable or remove the extensions in web browser
In your web browser, installed extensions may cause the “video is unavailable” error. First of all, you need to identify these faulty extensions using the hit and trial method. After that disable or remove that particular extension to resolve the issue. You can disable all your extensions and then check your YouTube video problem. If you have recently installed any extension and got the error than disable or remove that extension.
Go through following steps to disable the problematic extension-
- Select the Menu option by clicking on the three dots on your browser’s top right corner.
- Choose More tools and select extension in drop down list.
- Go to installed extensions. To disable the extension please toggle off the switch and if you want to remove the extension click on Remove.
- After disabling the desired extension restart your browser and check the problem by playing the YouTube video in your device.
4) Disable the hardware acceleration feature if enabled
A hardware acceleration feature is available on your system. It may also cause the problem “this video is not available” message on YouTube. The hardware acceleration feature needs to access to CPU for rendering videos. It affects the performance of the CPU and reduces the usage percentage of the CPU for your browser. You need to disable the hardware acceleration feature on your browser. Disable that feature by following steps-
- Open your Web browser. Click on 3 dots on the top right of browser and select the Settings on the drop-down list.
- After opening the Settings dialogue box. Scroll down and go to the Advanced section.
- Disabled the Use hardware acceleration when available option using the toggle off switch.
- Restart the web browser and check whether the method is effective for that particular error.
5) Change the video resolution quality
If you are playing HD or full HD video on your YouTube and your internet speed is not good. Sometime video quality settings of current video may not the appropriate for playing HD or full HD video. Then also the error can come. So try to change the video quality from the YouTube settings using the following steps:
- Open the video on YouTube.
- Open the gear icon on the bottom right corner of the video.
- Click on the quality section and select advanced for select a specific resolution.
- Change the resolution of the video then close YouTube and reopening the YouTube video.
6) Reset the default web browser settings
In any case your browser setting or configuration changed due to some reason. This may affect the video visibility and can you show the message as “this video is not available” then you need to modify the web browser setting randomly for different requirements. If there is any change in browser setting then it is not suitable for online videos. So you need to reset your browser setting or change browser setting randomly. To reset the default settings of web browser, please follow the steps-
- Open the web browser.
- Go to Setting tab of web browser and click on Advanced.
- Click on the Reset button. Then click on OK.
7) Use of VPN for Unblock the video in your country
If any video is blocked in your country. Then YouTube may show the error- “This video is not available in your country”. Don’t worry you can play the video in your country by using the VPN. VPN will remove the barrier of your IP address and you can access the video in your country using the VPN. After changing IP address using VPN, you can play the video in YouTube.
The Bottom Line
I hope one of these methods can help you to fix the error- “This video is not available” in YouTube. There are some issues causing this problem. In this article, we have discussed some methods to fix the common error on YouTube. Try these methods one by one and check the results. Hope this article will help you to fix this error.