OST file deletion is very different from OST file disabling. Where the OST file deletion deals with complete erasure of OST files, the OST file disabling has a simple task to knock-off the connection with the network connection. Disabling the OST files is a quite simple process. It requires users to follow few simple steps
- Establishing a secure connection between Offline folders and Server folders to initiate the synchronization process. It can be done as follows:
- Click Tools -> Send/Receive followed by the selection of Folder that needs to be synchronized.
- From Tools -> Send/Receive, click Send/Receive All Options. It will auto synchronize the OST files to Server files.
- On clicking Send/Receive Group, it will synchronize the group of folders.
- On completion of synchronization, select Tools->Email Accounts
- Now change the existing email account followed by clicking the Next button.
- Select MS Exchange Server followed by clicking the Change Button.
- Click More Settings followed by More Settings.
- Hit Offline Folder file settings.
- Click the Disable Offline Use Button.
Sometimes for safety reasons user tends to make changes on Outlook settings and prefer to make it Offline. In such case it becomes mandatory to make the changes and make it online. To perform such necessary change user has to follow these steps:
- Click Tools -> Email Accounts.
- Hit the Change existing Email accounts link.
- Double click on Next button followed by selection of MS Exchange Server.
- Hit the Change button.
- Click the More Settings icon followed by the General tab.
- Now the location and selection of the connection can be automatically made by activating ‘Automatically Detect Connection State Option’.
This is how the settings for OST are changed. As the OST files are disabled, user can delete these files any time from the system without concerning about the post effects. Thus, user is benefitted from two ways:
- No assistance from external assistance is needed.
- Perfect and fail-proof manual method to disable the OST files.
Once user gets access to the method for disabling the OST files, it is just a EUREKA situation. Just do it on your own way to feel the performance of the Microsoft’s solution.