OST file is Outlook Offline Storage Table file which is created when Exchange Server is synchronized with the Microsoft Outlook application. It includes all the data of the Exchange user mailboxes as a copy and is stored on the system drive location. It helps users to work offline and perform activities like read, send, compose emails which would get updated once it is connected to the network again. The OST files can be recreated anytime with the help of Exchange Server configuration and Outlook Settings.
Conversion of OST to PST – Why?
Due to issues like bad synchronization between Exchange and OST file, data loss or deletion of OST file via virus infection, software and hardware corruptions, human errors in Exchange mailboxes folders, the OST file data become inaccessible. Also, when a user moves to another location and need to access the OST data from the previous system location at different place, it would be impossible for him to do that. When Exchange Server is under maintenance and OST data is needed, one cannot access it. All these situations arises the need for the OST to PST conversion as it would be a simpler task to access PST file in Outlook for the users. And there will be no issue to move and use this PST file on another Outlook version on another system as one can easily transfer this PST file to another system through an external device and import it to the email client using its Import/Export feature.
Recommended: Manual Methods to Convert OST to PST File
Download Microsoft OST to PST Converter – Free Solutions
If you want to convert OST to PST, then you can do that using Microsoft-provided facilities as well. These services are free and for user’s timely needs. Let us know these services one-by-one.
Microsoft OST to PST Converter 1 – Inbuilt Import and Export Feature in Outlook
This method will export the OST data to the new PST file. Let us see how.
- Open the Outlook application and navigate to File>Import & Export>Import/Export.
- Now, in the opened wizard, select Export to a file option and click on Next.
- Select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click on Next.
- Make selection for the individual folder or select all the folders by selecting the root folder of the mailbox including sub folders with the given option “Include subfolders” for conversion and click on Next.
- Next, browse and add the destination folder path for saving the new converted PST file and finally, click on the Finish option.
Microsoft OST to PST Converter 2 – Convert OST to PST using Archive Feature
This method uses the Archive feature in Outlook to move OST data to the archived PST file format. The process is as given below.
- Start the Outlook application and open OST file for conversion in it (work in offline mode).
- Navigate to File menu, select Info option and then select Clean up Tools option.
- Select Archive option from the drop-down list.
- Select the option saying Archive this folder for all subfolders and select the mailboxes folder items which you want to convert or archive to PST file.
- Using Browse option, enter the path location for the archived PST file and click on OK.
- After some minutes, the archiving gets complete and you can view the archived PST file with OST data at the defined location.
Note: Microsoft solutions for converting OST to PST supports only healthy OST files and not suitable for bulk data conversion. Also, these methods include risks of data loss and manual errors.
Download OST to PST Converter tool for Free
Find the required steps to convert the Exchange OST file to Outlook PST file in automated manner through Stellar OST to PST Converter tool. Download the software from its website.
Step 1: Launch the downloaded & installed free OST to PST Converter software. On the welcome screen of software, click on Browse option to add the OST file for conversion from the system location. Or, you can find the OST file in specific drive using the Find option in the user-interface of the tool.
Step2: Once the OST file is added, click on Scan Now option for scanning the OST file. It will scan and then retrieved all the OST mailbox folders in the tree-structure. You can click on any folder item on the left pane and view its preview on the right-pane easily.
Step3: Make selection for the desired folders items and click on Save Converted File option. It will display multiple saving options like to PST, MSG, EML, etc. Select the option as per the requirement; enter the destination location for saving the converted file and click OK.
Step4: The conversion process will get start and gets completed within minutes. The converted PST file gets saved at the defined destination location.
Hence, the automated conversion of OST to PST file is quite convenient with OST to PST Converter tool. This free version has saving limitations. So, for saving unlimited data from OST to PST, just purchase the tool online via its buy link.
Note: The advanced OST to PST Converter tool supports both healthy and corrupt OST file conversion to PST file efficiently.
Important Reasons to Choose Stellar OST to PST Converter tool
- To recover corrupt, orphaned, inaccessible Exchange OST file content
- To preview recovered OST file mailboxes file items selectively
- To export desired OST file data to the Outlook PST file format directly
- To convert any size, encrypted or any version OST file securely
- To save 20 items per folder of the OST mailbox for free
- To move OST file content to other file formats like MSF, RTF, PDF, etc.
In different cases, the user needs to convert corrupt or even healthy OST file format to PST in order to access its data. Microsoft has facilitated some free solutions to convert OST file to PST file which a user can try anytime. For tough situations to handle, when Microsoft methods are not so dependable, the professional OST to PST Converter tool is always there.