The awkward behavior shown by OST files sometimes chills the spine of the user. It happens generally in Exchange Server due to virus attack, unintentional deletion of user account and sometimes due to hardware anomalies. To get rid of such issue, user seeks repair or recovery of files using third-party tools. The assistance from third-party is OK, but what about reliability? The reliability is quite questionable.
With change in technology, Microsoft has also upgraded the inbuilt repair and diagnostic tools. Each version has its own diagnostic strategy and own plans to deal with it. On contrary, Microsoft has provided different utility to fix OST related issue.
Microsoft simply don’t appreciate repair of OST files as the data may get affected, therefore, it is suggested to re-create the OST files by following these steps:
- Close MS Outlook.
- From Control Panel, open Mail.
- In Mail Setup dialog box, click Email Accounts.
- Click Data Files tab, select Exchange Account followed by opening Open File Location.
- The file explorer opens a platform for the Exchange Account. The Account Settings and Mail Setup dialog box remain open in the background of file explorer window.
- Close the Account Settings and Mail Setup dialog box.
- Now, from the File Explorer window, open exchange data file and click ‘Delete’. When MS Outlook is restarted, a new OST file will be created.
This solution may work when followed in correct order. However, if more complicated issue ties up in the main field, then it is better to gain assistance from the reliable third-party tool. The third-party tool like OST file to PST converter tool is designed to sweep out the OST related issues irrespective of the platform from where it was originated.
The user-friendly GUI of third-party tool is customized for naive users and makes it easier for even technocrats. To evaluate the features of the tool prior purchasing them, user can download the trial version that woks like licensed one. If the tool works as your requirements, then just purchase the licensed version to go swift in the process.