Look at this error – “Sending / Receiving reported error (0x800CCC0F): The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).”
Sounds familiar? It is one of the common Outlook errors which occur when any user hit on the Send/Receive option to update the configured server emails.
The error is due to an issue with the server connection, either it is interrupted or there is no connection setup at all. There are multiple reasons responsible for this error like Network connection failure, incorrect Server settings, incorrect Outlook profile settings, corrupt OST file, corrupt Outlook profile, Firewall interruptions and more.
Fixes for Outlook Error “0x800ccc0f”
Based on above causes, we have tried to sum up the workable fixes for this Send/Receive Outlook error. Let us understand both types of solutions one after another and check which one is the suitable for fixing the Outlook error “0x800ccc0f”.
Native solutions are also known as the manual or conventional solutions which are completely free and include use of in-built utilities, interface features of respective application, etc. While on the other hand, the automated solutions are the professional utilities which comes with price but include a direct, automated process to fix the problem in a quicker time.
- Try running Outlook in safe mode and disable faulty add-ins: To run Outlook in safe mode is to identify the faulty Add-ins which may be influencing the Outlook application. So, first close the Outlook application and then run Outlook in safe mode.
Type “outlook /safe” in Windows Run box (to open Windows Run box, press Windows and R alphabet keys together) and click on OK.
If the Outlook application gets opened at once, then move to File > Info > Options. Click on Add-ins option, then on the right pane, go to Manage Com Add-ins section and click on Go option.
Select the culprit Add-ins and click on Disable option to disable them. Now, exit the Outlook application and restart it the usual way.
- Check all network connections for fine working: Outlook connection issue is the common sense that user must follow. It is needed to check if the internet connection is working normally and not down. Apart from the primary internet connection, it is advised to check the Outlook and the Exchange Server configuration settings with correct details as per the accounts.
- Disable/Switch off all active anti-virus, firewalls on your system: Firewalls or Antivirus sometimes act as a blocker for the mail flow in the Microsoft Outlook application. In this error scenario, the disabling of Firewall or Antivirus can be tried to remove one aspect of the reason responsible for the error.
For that, navigate to Control Panel and click on Network and Sharing Center option. A new page namely Network and Sharing Center will be opened. Here click on Windows Defender Firewall link on the bottom left of the page. On the next page, go to the left panel and click on link saying Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off. Further on the Customize Settings page, select the option saying Turn off Windows Defender Firewall and click OK.
Similarly users can disable the other active third-party applications like Anti-ware, malware, etc.
- Accelerating Server Timeout settings in Outlook: By increasing the server timeout settings in Outlook, the connection failure or blocking issue can be extended or avoided for more time. Let us know its procedure.
- Start your Microsoft Outlook application.
- Click on the File tab and then click on Account Settings option.
- On the Email Accounts page, select the account and click on Change option. Then click on More Settings.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then drag the server timeout settings bar to the right to increase it.
- Finally, click on OK.
- Re-launch the Outlook application.
- Recreating Outlook profile: The corrupt or damaged Outlook profile may also hinder the Send/Receive function and restricts the update of SMTP-based emails in the Outlook application. To create new Outlook profile, there is an inbuilt service to recreate the Outlook profile manually using these steps.
- Close the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Go to the Control Panel on your system and click on the Mail option.
- On the Mail Setup dialogue box, click on the Show Profiles option.
- On the next opened dialogue box, click on the Add option to add a new profile.
- Provide a new name for the profile and click on OK.
- Next, select the new created profile, select the option saying Always use this profile and select your Outlook account from the drop-down menu. Finally, click on OK.
- Now, that the new Outlook profiles is created and set as default, launch your Microsoft Outlook application and click on Send/Receive option to check if the issue is resolved.
- Repair Outlook File using in-built repair utility: This is the par situation where we suggest you to repair the Outlook database file mainly OST as its corruption can be the real cause behind this error.
It is the ultimate solution as if the above solutions are not helping you. Manually, we can repair the OST file using two in-built utilities – scanPST.exe (Inbox repair tool) and scanOST.exe. Both the applications support scan and repair of corrupt OST file while scanOST.exe supports repair of only OST files.
These in-built applications have limitations like – it repair only minor corruptions, does not support large size database files and includes risk of data and properties loss.
It is preferred over the native solutions due to its easy and direct approach. There is assurance about the solution as well as very low or no risk at all. It works in automated manner and includes zero limitations.
OST to PST Converter solution is the best of all OST repair and converter tools. It can repair even highly corrupted, orphaned OST files and restores its data to the Outlook PST file format easily. It allows selecting the OST mailbox items specifically and supports all the Outlook as well as Exchange Server versions. The process is simple and far efficient than the manual techniques. So, consider your OST files at secure place with Best OST to PST tool.