Out of many Outlook errors, emails’ getting stuck in Outbox folder of the PST mailbox is also growing largely. Many users are in problem due to this issue as the information got stuck in the middle.
Why do emails get stuck in Outlook application?
The emails get stuck in Outbox and not being shared to the specified recipient can happen because of one or more of the reasons like very slow or no internet connection, mailbox storage quota is full, incorrect password of email account, wrong email settings, interruption due to other programs, unauthenticated Outlook account by server, corrupted SRS file, incorrect Send/Receive settings, recent passwords change (account and database file) offline condition of application or email server, faulty Add-ins in Outlook, any technical error, etc.
Recommended: Manual Methods to Repair Corrupt PST File
In this help blog, you will find some great fixes for this email stuck issue in the Outlook Outbox folder. These are free native solutions and we do not ensure any guarantee that it will surely work but it can be a help for you foremost when the issue is minor. Let us have a clear discussion over these fixes one-by-one.
Manual Fixes for Outlook Issue – Emails Get Stuck in Outbox
Users can try any of the given manual methods to get out of this error situation.
1. Check Email Client/Server Connection
Users can check whether the Outlook application or Email Server is correctly connected with internet and with each other by visiting the bottom right corner of the Outlook interface. Here if the status is shown as Connected that means the client/server is connected and on the other hand, if it shows Disconnected, then you must check for the internet connections or configuration settings of the server. Confirm that the server is connected finely and then try to send the emails from the Outbox folder then.
2. Try Resending the Emails from Outbox
If the network connections are okay, try to resend the stuck emails in Outbox. Go to Send/Receive option on the menu bar and click on Send All option as sometimes the emails got stuck due to sudden network or server down. It will either send the messages or not. If sent, then the problem is resolved but if not, you should check for the attachments size by opening the emails in Outbox.
If you can open it, try reducing the attachments number or size to send only the crucial information and after all that editing, click on Send All option.
But many a times, users encounter an error while trying to open any email in the Outbox folder. The error appears like this.
It shows that the sending process has already started but got stuck in middle due to some reason. In between this process, user is not allowed to open the emails in Outbox folder. But we have resolution to this situation also. Follow these steps.
- Open the Outlook application and under Send/Receive tab, click on the Work Offline option. It will bring the application in offline mode and halts the sending process of emails from the Outbox folder. After that close the Outlook application.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc buttons on the keyboard together. The Windows Task Manager dialogue box will get open. Here, switch to the Processes tab and look out for the Outlook.exe application. If found, select that running process and click on End Task option to end this process.
- Now, open the Outlook application again and move to the Outbox folder. Drag the desired emails from the Outbox folder and drop to the Drafts folder. (You can directly perform the delete action on emails in Outbox folder, if needed).
- Check the attachments size in emails and reduce it to the reasonable size as per the storage capacity of the application and system.
- Now, visit to Work Offline option and click on it again to establish the connection to server once again.
- Once the connection is successful, open the emails in Drafts folder, send it one-by-one and use Send/Receive feature to confirm its sending.
3. Open Outlook in Safe Mode
This native solution can be tried by the users to check whether the email stuck issue is due to add-in programs interference. Perform these steps to open Outlook in safe mode.
- Press Windows+R key, type outlook /safe and click OK.
Or hold the Ctrl key while pressing the Outlook application icon to open it
- Click on Yes option to confirm opening the Outlook in safe mode
- Now, try sending the emails again to check if it works for you
4. Try Changing the Password
This fix could also work if the email account and Outlook account passwords are different. Then Outlook account password needs to be same which you can reset through the Account Settings feature in the Outlook application. You can give this fix a try for once to get out of this situation. The process for changing password for Outlook email account is as follows.
- Open the Outlook application.
- Go to File>Account Settings>Account Settings.
- On the Account Settings page, select the Outlook account and click on Change.
- Go to the Logon information, move to the Password section, and verify the correct account password.
- Restart the Microsoft Outlook application and try resending the emails.
Now, know the procedure to change the Outlook PST file password.
- Run the Outlook application.
- Right click on the PST file name from the left panel and click on Data File Properties option.
- Then click on the Advanced tab in the next dialogue box.
- Click on Change Password option.
- Provide the old password for the PST file, enter the new password for the PST file and re-enter it for the confirmation. Then, click on OK.
After performing these procedures, restart the Outlook application and then try resending the messages from Outlook Outbox folder.
Note: Users can also try creating a temporary default PST file and set is it as the default one using the Account Settings in Outlook. Then try sending emails from the Outlook as this PST file now includes a secondary set of mailbox folders on restarting the Outlook application.
What is the Alternative?
If these fixes work for you, then it is good but Outlook application freezes or emails not being sent to the recipient showing different kind of errors still haunts many Outlook users. For such users, we have an automated third-party tool meant to resolve all Outlook PST related issues instantly. PST repair tool fixes all Outlook errors with it in a very short time. Also, it supports all Outlook versions including the oldest and the newest ones. Let Outlook data be secure forever with this advanced utility.
Common Outlook error which is the cause of stress in most of the Outlook users is when their emails get stuck in between the emailing process. There are some trials worthy manual solutions explained above using which your issue can be resolved. Although, there are high chances of more twisted Outlook errors due to email stuck issue and we provided you the ultimate beneficial solution for fixing all kind of Outlook errors efficiently.