Mac Outlook is one of the most preferred email client services used around the world. It provides brilliant performance amongst various features that help the users
in their work life to be efficient. Of late there has been an error occurring in the Mac Outlook that doesn’t allow downloading attachments from the application. Some attachments are even not showing during such errors. In this blog, we will learn about the solutions that can be performed to solve this issue. For understanding the issue better we will also discuss the causes behind the error.
Reasons behind the “not downloading attachments issue”
The error has become quite common among Mac Outlook users. Due to this error many face delays in their professional work and loss of valuable time. There may be multiple reasons why the attachment is not downloading. We can see the common reasons mentioned below:
- One of the most common reasons is when the Outlook application is updated, it creates issues.
- The compatibility becomes an issue due to which this error can occur and the attachments are not able to get downloaded.
- A very simple yet important factor is file format support. If the file format is not supported the attachment download is not possible.
How to fix the “not downloading attachments issue”?
There are multiple ways to fix this issue and we will be discussing the most effective suggested by the experts.
Solution 1: Update the Mac Outlook application
If the issue is related to the outdated Outlook version it will easily be solved as soon as you download the latest version. You can check for the updates and fix this problem with the following steps below:
- Launch the Outlook application on your Mac system.
- Look for the Help option and click on it.
- Now select the option Check for Updates. If the update is available you will find the direct link to the setup and you can download it.
Solution 2: Empty the Mac cache
The cache is responsible for blocking a lot of activities; sometimes by occupying too much space and may also hamper the functionality of Outlook. It can cause a synchronization problem that will disable Outlook to download the attachment. You can use the following steps to avoid this happening:
- Choose the navigation pane to begin and then right-click on it.
- Now click on the Properties option from the menu.
- You will see an Empty Cache option, click on it.
- To proceed further, right-click on the folder containing the attachments that were not able to get downloaded.
- Now click on the Synchronization now button.
Solution 3: Downloading attachment through the Office 365 account
This is one of the most reliable and easy ways to download attachments from Outlook if the users have synced the Mac Outlook account with the Office 365 account. You will be able to download and view the attachments with ease.
There may be a case when the manual methods are not working for you. If your problem is not solved you need to convert the files to PST using OLM to PST converter third-party tool. This will convert your OLM file directly and easily to PST so that you can retrieve data.
Wrapping it up
Mac Outlook is one of the best email clients around the world. But there have been spotted a few errors lately that don’t allow the attachments to get downloaded. This can be solved using manual methods with ease. If the problem is not solved you should convert your OLM files to PST using a third-party best OLM to PST converter tool to save data.