Summary: Are you trying to view your EML files in an email client except for MS Outlook? Well, here in this blog, we will discuss the different solutions that you must try.
EML file format is one of the most exclusive formats that work well with MS Outlook. It is one of the most supported file formats, which is also very easy to use. It helps to store the information in the mailbox in a hassle-free manner. The EML files save everything from the header, footer, and sender’s address to the subject and body of the email. However, these EML files have their limitations. For instance, viewing these files on any email client except for MS Outlook is nearly impossible. That is why it becomes essential to note how it will become feasible to open EML files without using MS Outlook. This blog will help you explain the need to open the EML filing without MS Outlook and then explain the process of getting this done.
Reasons for Opening EML files without MS Outlook
There are several reasons why users want to open EML files without using MS Outlook. Here are some of them:
- Whenever users switch their devices, they might need to access the EML files on any other email client except for MS Outlook.
- If MS Outlook is not operational or is damaged, it will automatically be impossible to view EML files.
- MS Outlook takes up a lot of storage on your device. Therefore, some users may want to use any other email client to access their emails.
After knowing the popular reasons for opening EML files without MS Outlook, it becomes important to understand how to do so. Let us explore the methods to open EML files without MS Outlook one by one.
Open EML files in a Web Browser
EML files can be viewed in any web browser, such as Internet Explorer. However, one cannot directly view the EML files in Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer easily supports the MHTML format. Therefore, the users are required to change the EML files to MHT format. Here are the steps that users may need to follow:
- Browse the EML file that you wish to open without MS Outlook.
- Right-click on the files and select the Rename option.
- Replace the .eml file extension with the .mht extension from the file name.
- Click on the Yes button to confirm the change of extension.
- Right-click on the file and select the Open with option.
- Select the Internet Explorer application to view the EML file in it.
View EML files with Notepad
Notepad is basic editing software that most Windows users know of. Little does anyone know of its utility in viewing EML files. Yes, you heard that right. Notepad can be used to view your EML files. It allows you to easily access the subject, time, date, sender, receiver address and text messages. Here are the steps you need to take note of to follow this method.
- Select the EML files you want to access.
- Right-click on that and choose the Rename option.
- Remove the .eml extension and add .txt in its place.
- Click on Yes to confirm the conversion.
- Double-click on this .txt file to open it on Notepad.
The two methods mentioned above are very helpful for accessing the EML files without MS Outlook. However, it is not without challenges. These manual methods have their limitations. For instance, the users cannot get to view the attachments, images and graphics of the EML files if these files are opened without MS Outlook. Despite undertaking every step carefully, users may still be unable to access the EML files without MS Outlook. In such a situation, there is a need to know of a better method to access the EML files.
EML File Converter: A Professional Tool to Open EML Files without MS Outlook
EML File Converter Tool is one of the most efficient tools to access EML files without MS Outlook. It is suitable for both beginners and professionals. It helps to convert the EML files into multiple formats in one go. It is equipped with advanced features that make your work easy. It helps to convert the EML files with attachments to different formats such as HTML, PST, MBOX, PDF, DOC etc. One can export these EML files to multiple email clients.
Steps to Open EML files without using MS Outlook with EML File Converter Tool
Here are the steps one needs to follow to open the EML files using the Converter Tool.
- Download and run the EML File Converter Tool.
- Select the file or the folder that you wish to open.
- Browse the EML file(s) and click on Import.
- Your file will be imported to the email client you wish to view your file in.
This automated solution to open the EML files without MS Outlook overcomes the limitations of the manual methods explained above. There is no need to get any professional assistance for this. It offers guaranteed results for sure. This tool is the best way to manage your EML files. There is no risk of data loss during the process of conversion. It also helps to protect the data from malware and trojan attacks. Hence, it would be right to say that this tool is the best solution for opening EML files without MS Outlook.
The users can rely on any method according to their convenience. While manual methods may seem too easy, they have their limitations. That is why the EML File Converter tool is the best way to get things done without complications. Relying on such a best EML to PST tool helps to save the data in a better way.
Q1. Does the EML Converter Tool provide free conversions?
Ans.Yes, the tool has a free version allowing users to convert 25 EML files for free.
Q2.Does the EML Converter Tool protect from malware attacks?
Ans. Yes, the data of the EML files are completely safe.