Windows Live Mail is a freeware email desktop client from Microsoft which was available till 2016 and then replaced with the newer Windows Mail. Microsoft no longer provides any sustainable support or updates for it now, although many users are still using it on Windows 7, 8, & 10. When an issue arises, then the user should be able to rectify them manually and access the data without any interruption.
So, let’s begin our question in recognizing some common Windows Live Mail errors and their best-suited solutions.
Windows Live Mail Error on Windows 10
As we have written that Windows Live Mail can be operated on Windows 10 ever after its end-of-support, many users have complained that the application shows error while trying to access their account. As you do not want to migrate the data to the new Windows Mail or Office 365, so you need to use a different workaround.
- Try to Open the WLM as the Administrator in the compatibility mode.
- Set your older WLM account again with the credentials.
- Delete the older account and set up the new one freshly.
- Install the Windows Essentials 2012 again in Windows 10.
Authentication Windows Live Mail Error 0x800CCC0B
In the email clients, when you have sign-in with credentials, then you do not need to further authenticate your account to send the email. But, WLM has the additional security layer where it shows the error 0x800CCC0B whenever the user tries to send an email.
The error emphasizes the need to authenticate your account to the email service provider. You can set up the manual authentication for the individual accounts or can turn on the steps with the assistance of the below steps;
- Go to the Accounts tab in the Windows Live Mail.
- Choose the account which is getting the authentication error and go to its Properties.
- After opening the Properties wizard of the account, go to the Server tab and then use the checkbox to click the ‘My server requires authentication’ under the Outgoing Mail Server section.
Now the authentication will be enabled for both the incoming and outgoing emails for the chosen account. By default, the email service providers only require the email address and password for the completion of successful email communication. But, if there are other settings for the sign-in, then you can set them also.
- Click the Settings button.
- On the Outgoing email server page, click ‘Log on using’ and input the required details.
Windows Live Mail error 0x8007007A While sending Email
When the application fails to send an email to the other user, then you will have to face the specific error. Microsoft has found out that this specific error comes when the user attempts to share the OneDrive media as the attachment of an email. Although the OneDrive data is sharable online independently, whenever the same file is attached in the email, then WLM gives the error.
- Delete the existing message that is showing the error. Resend the email message with the attachment with a faster internet connection.
- Remove your WLM account.
- Set up the same WLM account and try to send the images as the email attachment.
- Uncheck the option ‘Create a photo email from photo attachments.’
There are other various methods to fix Windows Live Mail 0x8007007A error.
Error 0x800CCC0E when the connection to the server has failed
Many users who had updated their Windows 7 platform. They got the issue that they can no longer send or receive the emails. But, they got the error that the connection to the server has failed. Microsoft has provided multiple reasons and their possible solutions to the issues;
- Date/Time settings are incorrect – Update the Date/Time settings of your computer depending on your computer. In Windows 10, right-click to the clock and click Adjust date/time, then change the settings.
- DLL security certificates may be improperly registered – The DLL required by the Windows Live Mail may not be registered in the operating system and may be properly registered using a command prompt. Open a Command prompt and write the regsvr command to register the DLL.
- A firewall may be stopping the Windows Live Mail from sending or receiving the mails – The computer has the Firewall to stop the illegitimate apps from running, but the latest updates may stop the Windows Live Mail from running. So, you should change the firewall settings with the WLM supporting features.
- There are incorrect entries in the host file – The incorrect server address may be added to the host’s file and thus stop the WLM from the email communication.
Type %windir%\system32\drivers\etc in the run and go to the folder containing the host file. Delete the older email server data and add the host file new. Then save it and sign it to the Windows Live Mail.
Due to the lack of security updates, there could be a great number of the Windows Live Mail errors that you will have to handle. User can also try free EML to PST converter method to migrate emails to either Outlook or Office 365 with the new features more suitable for doing email communication safely and more smartly. To quickly migrate EML files of Windows Live Mail to PST file, user can download EML to PST tool.
I use Windows Live Mail to organize my email communication for a long time even after Microsoft announced the news of discontinued Windows Live Mail support. I also fixed almost all corruption in my end with the help of this amazing sharing list of Windows Live Mail errors and their solutions. Great efforts.
Thank your for sharing these tips on Windows Live Mail errors. I faced email authentication error 0x800CCC0B. I followed the described steps to set up manual authentication for individual accounts and fixed this error. You made my work easier and now I can send and receive emails without any error.
Authentication Error 0x800CCC0B shows in my Windows Live Mail. I want to fix this error. I used this blog method to fix the error in Windows Live Mail. This blog is very helpful for me, and I am grateful to the author for sharing this amazing blog.
When I am using Windows Live Mail on Windows 7 and because of non supporting policy of Microsoft for Windows 7 in Windows Live Mail, it is necessary to know about manual solution and to apply them. This blog’s solution help me resolving common error of Windows Live Mail.
When the error occurred in Windows Live Mail I got scared, but after gaining these solution methods I bravely face these errors and resolve them. Also blog helps me to know causes of error.
Its very terrifying when I am working and error occurs in my Windows Live Mail. To eliminate those common error I used above methods. With this method all errors were solved out.
I am using Windows Live Mail and due to error 0x800CCC0E connection between server and email client had been failed many times. And this blog helped me to set up connection and stay updated with emails.
I was suffering form this EML error 0x8007007A. Thanks to this article where everything is described in a simple way, I am able send my important emails to my colleagues. Thanks.