Oracle database has been maintained by system professionals with great care; however, due to evolution of the recent trends in cyber attacks in different forms, it has become difficult to keep the oracle database safe. In case the Oracle database gets severely corrupt, it is recommended to take assistance from Oracle Database Recovery Tool, which fits in the space.
What exactly are the major points of concerns?
To use Oracle Database Recovery Tool user has to keep in mind the following points:
- To initiate the repair process, the system must be installed with Oracle 9i, 10g and 11g
- New database table is to be created to restore the recovered Oracle database files
- While using Oracle 11g, ensure to edit or modify the password
What are the restricted features of Oracle Database Recovery Tool?
Oracle Database Recovery Tool has some limitations like:
- Tables containing XML data type cannot be recovered
- SYS schema table recovery is impossible
- Encryption and compression table recovery is not possible
- Sys user object recovery is not possible
What is Log File good for?
The Log Files which are generated after completion of Oracle database recovery can be used for file evaluation. It tells about recovery process start date, end date, time and records which were recovered during the process.
Can a non-technician handle Oracle Database Recovery Tool?
Absolutely, provided user must have some knowledge of Oracle database. The tool is so user-friendly that no technical or formal training is required to accomplish the Oracle database recovery task.
What if Oracle version is not known to the user?
In such case it is advised to gain some knowledge about the same as the tool does not come with any such functionality that can assist the user to such extent. However, once the Oracle version is known, the recovery process can be initiated.